- Born and raised in Crumlin, Dublin.
- Educated at Crumlin CBS, Rathmines College and Trinity College Dublin.
- Historian of the Labour Party, writing a forensic analysis of the Labour Party in Government from 1973-77.
- Active member of the Hugh Geraghty (Crumlin, Drimnagh, Walkinstown) Branch for nearly a decade.
- Member of Labour Party Finance Sub-Committee.
- Chairperson of Labour Youth 2008-2009.
- Organised and co-ordinated the "Gilmore for Taoiseach" Campaign over two separate Labour Party conferences.
- During his tenure as Chairperson of Labour Youth, saw one of the most significant recruitment drives in the history of Labour Youth in which the membership doubled, a feat not seen since the "Spring Tide".
- Member of Executive of the Hugh Geraghty (Crumlin, Drimnagh, Walkinstown) Branch since 2005.
- Member of Trinity Access Program Steering Committee.
- Member of Dublin South Central Constituency Executive.
- Chairperson of Thornley Branch (TCD) 2008.
- Vice-Chairperson of Labour Youth 2007-2008, running many successful campaigns including: 'Cut AIDs, Cut VAT' resulting in a reduction in VAT on condoms from 21% to 13.5%; re-organising the Anti-Fees Campaign and calling for 'an end to recruitment ban in the HSE'.
- Currently working in the retail sector
- Supporter of Shelbourne Athletic Football Club.
- Bank of Ireland Millennial Scholar.
- Regular contributor to media through radio and print.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
A Little Bit about Me
A little bit about me, and why I believe I am qualified to run for Chairperson of the Labour Party.